Friday, June 5, 2009

I love you meemo

A few weeks ago, we had some friends over, and they asked if India had a favorite toy, and Jeff said, "No she likes all of her toys." Well that was then, and this is now. Meemo* has taken over the number one spot in India's heart. It is sad; I think he ranks higher than Jeff or I. When she gets up in the morning 9 times out of 10 she is hugging Meemo or putting a blanket around him. This morning I helped her wrap a blanket around him and then off she went patting his back and whispering into his ear.

It turns out though that Meemo is a bit of a troublemaker. The other day I caught India pouring water all over the furniture and then wiping it up with a rag. When I asked her what she was up to she said "Meemo." Way to throw a friend under the bus. Meemo also is a kind of a mess when it comes to eating. Just the other day he and India were sharing a bowl of frozen fruit (because he has to sit with India when she eats) and he got blackberries all over him. I guess they don't teach you manners at stuffed money school.

*I have decided to change the spelling of India's stuffed monkey from Memo to Meemo. It sounds like Nemo with an "M" but when I write it out, it appears that India needs a memo wrote up.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...