Sunday, June 7, 2009

Training for a 5k

We bought a treadmill last week, and I decided to use The Couch-to-5K Running Plan to get back into running. I am not a runner at all, and am totally out of shape since quitting the gym back when I was pregnant with India. Jeff had asked me if I was planning to do a 5k after my training. I hadn’t thought of it, and told him no, but after thinking about it I have decided to do one on the 4th of July. There is a race in Carnation where Jeff’s mom lives and where we spent the 4th last year. I have only done one other 5k that was back in 2006 and I was in good shape. To bad on that race, I had no idea what the course was and a good chunk of it was uphill. According to the race website, the race I plan on doing is flat! I don’t really think I will be able to run the whole thing since I will not be up through the training plan, but I will give it my best.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay for running! If you're ever looking for a partner outdoors, let me know!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...