Sunday, April 10, 2011

Half-marathon training week one

Yesterday ended our first week of half-marathon training and overall is just went okay.  I ended up with bad allergies the end of the week, and running did not seem like a great idea.

Sunday-3.5 miles at least I think that is about what I did.  The battery died on my Garmin, so I had to guess where I thought a quarter mile was at one point in the run.  I have since done the route and I would say it was pretty close.  B+

Wednesday-3 miles before coffee, yikes not something I would normally enjoy but actually it felt good to get my run in before the day started.  A

Thursday-4 miles didn’t happen.  I woke up with a sore throat, and a crazy bad headache.  F

Saturday-3 miles but it felt like 30.  Again, my head was hurting and my nose was all stuffed up.  I hadn’t even gone a mile and I was ready to quit.  I was able to do the whole thing, but didn’t enjoy it.  C-

Total miles run=9.5

I really want a pair of Nike Free Run shoes, has anyone tried them?   



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...