Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I don't know, why?

It started before Christmas, the dreaded “why?” response to everything you say to India. I try to embrace that she is just wants to know more, but it is now out of control.
Conversation from last week at 5:30 a.m.
Me: Mommy needs to sleep now.
India: Why?
Me: Because I am tired.
India: Why?
Me: Because I worked all day yesterday, and you decided to get up an hour early.
India: Why?
Me: I have no idea; you should go back to bed.
India: Why?
And on, and on it goes.

Her other response to most questions is “I don’t know” which is then typically followed by the real answer 5 seconds later.
Me: What did you do today?
India: I don’t know…go to daycare.
Me: Did you play outside?
India: I don’t know…no raining.
Me: Did you have fun?
India: Why?
The cycle starts again.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...