Sunday, February 15, 2009

Glasses girl


I have been quite the slacker with blogging lately, oh well.  In late November, early December Jeff and I noticed that India’s eyes were crossing from time to time.  It seemed to be just when she was really tired or trying to focus on something close up.  We made an appointment to see the Dr. in late January.  We were not able to see her normal Dr. but his partner who thought that we should try glasses on India before jumping in to another surgery.  When she had the surgery last year they did tell us that on average people had to have 2.1 surgeries to correct the cross eyes.  Her eyes had been looking great at all over her appointments up to this point, so we were more than happy to try glasses. 

I took India to a local children’s eye care center to be fitted for her new look.  She cried and screamed the entire time, so when they called me a week later to say that the glasses were ready to be picked up I thought I was going to be in for a fight.  India provided me wrong once again, and just loved wearing them.  I think it helped that there was a ton of people in the place that kept saying how cute she looked.  She has had the glasses for a little over a week now, and while she is good about wearing them there are times when it is a struggle to keep them on.  She likes to hang out in our bedroom and when she sees herself in the mirror 9 times out of 10 she will rip the glasses off her head.  However, she is good about when I ask her where they are to bring them to me. 

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...